Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Reclaimed Window Into A Frame

Create a unique wall hanging with an old window

I saw this idea and not a week later the neighbors were replacing all their windows and put the old ones out on the curb...lucky day!!!

Turn a reclaimed window into a decorative frame by Over The Apple Tree

Turn a reclaimed window into a decorative frame by Over The Apple TreeTurn a reclaimed window into a decorative frame by Over The Apple Tree


Turn a reclaimed window into a decorative frame by Over The Apple Tree

What I used to make this project

  • Old window
  • crackle paint
  • frosted glass spray 
  • cardboard
  • black fabric
  • spray adhesive
  • picture hanging kit
  • duct tape
First, use tape and newspaper to protect glass and paint window frame. I used a crackle paint kit. Next, using masking tape and newspaper, cover frame and area of glass where you do not want the frost spray.


Using sturdy cardboard, cut it to fit inside frame over glass panes. In order for the cardboard to fit tightly into the frame, I scraped out some of the caulking on the back side of window around the glass. Cut fabric to fit over cardboard and attach using the spray adhesive.


Attach the picture frame hanging kit.


I chose to display dried flowers in my frame, but you could put anything(pictures or antique handkerchiefs would be good too). Secure the cardboard panels with the duct tape.


 I know there might be better ways to put this together that may be more secure, but I made this over ten years ago and it's still in good shape hanging on my wall. Good Luck!

Turn a reclaimed window into a decorative frame by Over The Apple Tree

Turn a reclaimed window into a decorative frame by Over The Apple Tree


Looking for more unique wall decor? Check out my Family Love Tree Carving!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog!
Project Gallery

I will be sharing with these great blogs!

Follow me here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...